CocinandoDanza is an artistic-pedagogical project created by Henar Fuentetaja and Miguel Tornero whose mission is the dissemination and promotion of dance in our society with shows and pedagogical proposals for a diverse public and with special attention to diverse audiences and populations that are not main focuses of cultural production.
Among our artistic creations are the long-term dance works “Agua de Luna” (2015), “A los Pies de Europa” (2016), “Vida” (2017) and “Estos días azules…” (2019 ) and the latest production for family audiences “Trànsit” (2020-21) in which we combine dance and road safety education and short pieces such as the duo “Donde existe el corazón” (2011/2017) or the male duo “Kuzushi” (2013) in collaboration with Tejido Conectivo and the show-workshop “¿Qué te dazas? Interactive show for explorers of the movement ”(2017). Our shows are characterized by their humanistic vision and literary inspiration and participate regularly in different national and international circuits and festivals.
Our works have received aid and support from different entities such as Institut Valencià de Cultura, Community of Madrid, Valencia City Council, El Musical Theater, Soria City Council, Graneros de Creación-Espacio Inestable, Antonio Machado Spanish Foundation, INAEM (DanzaEscena, Platea).
In 2018 our company was one of the dance companies with the most presence on the Valencian stages with our show “Vida”, according to the report from the Valencian Cultural Circuit of the Institut Valencià de Cultura and in 2019 the company received a nomination for Miguel Tornero for Best Dancer at the Valencian Performing Arts Awards for his work in the show “Estos días azules…”. Also in 2019 our piece “Kuzushi” was selected and awarded in the prestigious Burgos-New York Choreographic Contest with the SoloDos award that went to Miguel Ángel Punzano.
We have collaborated in different artistic interventions such as “El tesoro del agua” for the Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid in collaboration with the artists Luisa Álvarez and Ana Maqueda, in several exhibitions of the composer and plastic artist José Antonio Orts, with choreographic pieces that interact with his sculptural work and in the retrospective exhibition “The look of nature” by the painter Pepe Biot.
At a pedagogical level, we have developed a whole line of work for the promotion and dissemination of dance among the general public, ranging from workshops and teaching in educational centers to teacher training activities. Between 2014 and 2018 we led the pedagogical coordination and direction of the Municipal School of Dance of Meliana, also assuming teaching.
We have also participated in various artistic-educational projects, such as the movement consultancy for the project “Per la Flor del Lliri Blau”, directed by Crit Teatre and produced by the Palau de la Música de Valencia in collaboration with the Orquesta de Valencia en su 75 anniversary, dance workshops for the school project LÓVA (The Learning Vehicle Opera), family dance workshops within the Motxila Cultural project of the Generalitat Valenciana and with the project “Als Peus d’Europa / A los Pies de Europa” within of the initiative “Resistències artístiques” of the Consortium of Museums of the Valencian Community coordinated by the Centro del Carmen Cultura Contemporánea, connecting the formal educational context with artistic creation.
Throughout our history, the work of CocinandoDanza has been seen in different circuits and in national and international festivals:
– Festival Dansa València 2021. Moviments Urbans
– Theatrical Circuit of the Valencian Community 2016 – 2021 – XXVIII Mostra d’Arts Escèniques Reclam Castelló
– Vila-real Festival in Dansa 2020 (Castellón)
– Reactivem IVC 2020 Program
– Gala Contest SoloDos Costa Rica 2020 (incited company)
– Burgos Contest – New York 2019 (Burgos) – SoloDos Award
– Giroscòpica 2019 – Valencian Community Street Arts Festival (Picaña, Valencia)
– Expoesía 2019 – Book and Arts Fair (Soria)
– La nit en blanc 2019 (Benissa, Alicante)
– EsFera 2019, Festival of Professional Associations of Valencian Performing Arts (Valencia)
– Festival “La Espiral Contemporánea LEC” V Emerging Dance Week 2018 (Santander)
– FIVA Almagro 3.0, 2018 and 2.0, 2017 (Almagro International Video-Dance Festival) – City-District Program of the Madrid City Council 2017 – 2019
– Circuito Bucles Festival of Dance in Non-conventional Spaces 2017 (Valencia)
– IDACOnyc Festival 2017 (New York)
– IV International Meeting of video-dance and video performance – U. Politécnica de Valencia 2017 – School Campaign “Anem al Teatre” 2017 and 2018 of the Diputación de Valencia.
– Rua- Extcénica 2017 (Oleiros, A Coruña)
– 24th Quinzena Dança Almada 2016 (Almada, Portugal)
– Jornadas Conèixer of the University of Valencia 2016 (Valencia)
– Abril en Danza 2016 (Alicante)
– SoloDos Choreographic Contest 2016 (Ourense), invited company.
– Festival GraciasXFavor 2015, Santander (Cantabria)
– 15 Gotas Festival 2015 (A Coruña)
– MuVIM (Valencian Museum of Illustration and Modernity) InterDID 2013 and Danza-T Network of Dance Workers
– Gala Ma Non Troppo 2011 (Madrid)